Sent to Service Regina:
https://www.regina.ca/parks-recreation-culture/parks/pathways/#outline-on-street-bicycle-routes isn’t current. It doesn’t have the on street bike lanes in the Greens. Are there other routes missing from this list?
Also, I need a suggested safe route from Dominion Park to the Stadium. The last time I took Arcola Ave. I was sworn at, honked at, and I was simply using the street in a legal manner while someone shouted that I was supposed to be on the sidewalk (that doesn’t even exist on that part of the street). Years ago I was promised the City was building a bike route from Downtown to the Stadium, and a bike route along Arcola Ave., but where are they? All that construction work on Victoria Ave. is also lacking a safe bike route, why?
It’s been 3 years since this, and the City hasn’t lifted a damn finger.
Here’s the incomplete list:
On-street bicycle routes are located at:
- Broad Street/Wascana Parkway between Lakeshore Drive and Research Drive
- Assiniboine Avenue from Park Street to 100m E of University Park Drive
- McCarthy Boulevard from Brunskill Place to Whelan Drive
- Smith Street from Victoria Avenue to College Avenue (one-way)
- Lorne Street from College Avenue to Victoria Avenue (one-way)